With high temperatures and warm nights in the forecast for the coming week, Pacific Power offers tips on saving costs staying cool.
Here are some simple ways to stay comfortable and save money:
- Set your air conditioner thermostat to 78º or as high as comfortable
- Open windows in the late evening and early morning hours to let cool air in
- Run appliances like ovens, dishwashers and clothes dryers at night or early in the morning
- Use a programmable thermostat that can be set to cool only during the times you are in the home
- Use fans instead of your air conditioner, but make sure you turn them off when no one is in the room. Running a portable window fan instead of an air conditioner at night can save an average home around $32 per month.
Customers can also save money and power by signing up for our Time of Use program and shifting energy use to lower-cost off-peak hours.
Source: Pacific Power