From Friday, May 26 through Monday, Sept. 4, 2023, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., a timed use permit will be required for each personal vehicle accessing Multnomah Falls from Interstate 84 Exit 31.
Permits are only needed if you arrive by personal vehicle at I-84 Exit 31 for Multnomah Falls.
If you want to visit Multnomah Falls by personal vehicle, the best way is to get a permit and take I-84 to Exit 31.
Reserving a permit
- Multnomah Falls (I-84) timed use permits will be available online at recreation.gov for a $2 transaction fee per permit up to two weeks in advance of your visit.
- A limited number of permits will also be available for same-day pickup without a fee at the Gateway to the Gorge Visitor Center in Troutdale and the Cascade Locks Historical Museum.
Using your permit
- Permits are only valid at the Multnomah Falls parking lot at I-84 Exit 31.
- A Timed Use permit reservation does not guarantee parking.
- One permit needed per vehicle or motorcycle.
- Keep your permit with you after you park. Print your permit or show the digital copy.
- Please arrive as close to your one-hour time slot as possible, starting at the time indicated on the permit. Permits are only required from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- You may stay longer than an hour, however if you leave after your time slot you will not be allowed to enter the site without a valid Multnomah Falls Timed Use Permit for a subsequent time slot.