Photo: Getty Images
Four Portland Metropolitan malls are gearing up for a little friendly competition during the American Red Cross Cascades City-Wide Mall Challenge blood drive, Thursday, June 30 and Friday, July 1 between 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- Clackamas Town Center
- (Community Room near “Buckle”)
- Sponsor Code: mallchallenge
- Lloyd Center
- (2nd Level Vacant Storefront Center of Mall near Torrid)
- Sponsor Code: LloydCenterMall
- Washington Square
- (Vacant Store near Ulta and Red Robin)
- Sponsor Code: WashingtonSquare
- Pioneer Place
- (Vacant Storefront Space 1053 Basement Level next to Food Court)
- Sponsor Code: PioneerPlacePDX
“Shoppers will have an opportunity for some big savings in the way of lives with their blood donation,” says Angel Montes, Regional Executive, American Red Cross. “A single donation can help save more than one life.”
Unfortunately, the American Red Cross often sees blood supplies dwindle during summer months as people head out of town. “When schools let out and families set off on vacation, we typically see a decline in donors, often leading to a seasonal blood shortage,” Montes says.
Visit RedCrossBlood.org then enter the sponsor code above for the mall of your choice and make your appointment today.
The mall to collect the most blood donations will receive a trophy and bragging rights.
Source: Red Cross