Candle Starts House Fire


A candle started a fire that caused heavy damage to Southeast Portland house Wednesday morning.

The house is located near Southeast 84th and Duke Street.

Neighbors reported the door was on fire and when firefighters arrived the flames had spread to the first and second floors.

All of the residents got out of the house. One person was treated at the scene for a burn to their hand.

Power had been turned off to the house and residents were using candles for light.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content