Firefighters are strengthening protections of Estacada from the Riverside Fire.
The Riverside Fire has burned 133,799 acres and it's at 0% containment.
Firefighters are working to suppress hotspots on the northwest flank of the fire near Estacada and the southwest side near Molalla.
Public and firefighter safety and property conservation remain the focus. Crews are also working on the north end of the fire above the North Fork Reservoir and looking at opportunities to move towards the east.
The Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office has reduced the evacuation level from Level 3 (Red) to Level 2 (Yellow) for the City of Molalla and some areas north and southwest of Molalla.
This change in the evacuation level allows the residents of Molalla to return home. The Sheriff’s Office and the Emergency Operations Center want to caution returning residents to be aware of the following:
- You are still at a Level 2 evacuation. “Be Set” to evacuate if conditions change.
- Be on the lookout for downed powerlines or other hazards.
- Do NOT bring your livestock back to your home at this time.
- Keep bags packed and be ready to leave (Level 2, "Be Set")
- Stay inside as much as possible during this period of poor air quality.