Thursday and Friday, May 28th and 29th, Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette (GICW) re-opens 12 additional donation and shopping locations. Each with an adjacent donation area, the retail stores open at 10 AM, the Outlet at 8 AM. Below open Thursday:
- Baseline 775 SW 185th Ave. Aloha, OR 97321
- Cedar Hills 12975 SW Westgate Drive, Beaverton, OR 97005
- Cornell 16157 NW Cornell Road, Hillsboro, OR 97006
- Forest Grove 2903 Pacific Ave, Forest Grove, OR 97116
- Gresham 413 NE Burnside Road, Gresham, OR 97030
- Halsey 12250 NE Halsey, Portland, OR 97230
- Portland Superstore 1943 SE 6th Ave. Portland, OR 97214
- Portland Outlet 1740 SE Ochoco St, Milwaukie OR 97222
- Salem Superstore 3535 Lancaster Drive NE, Salem OR 97305
- Tigard 13920 SW Pacific Hwy, Tigard OR 97223
To open Friday at 10AM: South Salem 1125 Crowley Ave. SE, Salem OR and our Corvallis store 1325 NW 9th street, Corvallis, OR 97330.
In addition to staff already rehired since May 15th, GICW has now more than 500 of its 3,000 employees back on the payroll. Additional stores will reopen incrementally and in accordance with Oregon and Washington State and local directives.
Virtually all GICW free job services programs are funded through the sale of donations; re-opening is crucial to continuing with the mission of providing those services. For more information about the Job Connection program go to https://www.goodwilljobconnection.org.
Given the nature of its donation-based business, extra precautions on top of safety guidelines from the State will be taken. Significant changes include:
All stores have been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized. Store hours are 10 am to 7 pm to allow for enhanced cleaning prior to opening each day. Outlet hours are 8 am to 7pm.
- Outside each store - sanitation wipe stations are available.
- Goodwill is requiring all retail customers to wear a face covering. Outlet customers a face covering and gloves.
- High touch areas will be cleaned every hour, including shopping carts and baskets.
- Register areas will be cleaned following each customer transaction.
- Donated merchandise will be sanitized and quarantined before it’s made available to shoppers.
- To facilitate social distancing, the number of customers allowed into the store at any given time may be limited.
- The dressing rooms (and drinking fountains) will be temporarily unavailable. We will be flexible with our return policy.
- Customers are urged to keep 6 feet from one another and employees.
- Floor decals have been added to the retail floor and aisles have been expanded to make distancing easier with the additional space.
- All employees will wear masks or face guard and gloves. Plexiglas shields have been installed at each register.
- Each location will have a designated Health & Safety monitor to ensure all proper protocols are being consistently followed and maintained.
Donation attendants will be wearing gloves, face masks, and face shields and will now be able to assist you, although we can’t help you remove items them from the car. If it took two people to load the car, you might want the same two to come unload the items. Donations can be placed in bins according to donation type. To help facilitate this process, we ask—to the extent possible—that you separate your items into the following categories:
Please understand that we cannot accept wet items and plan accordingly for weather when you donate. Thank you! We know many of you have been waiting to donate, and we’ve missed your generosity. Our centers may get busy, so we ask for patience with our employees and other donors and that you maintain social distancing at all times. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Source: Goodwill Industries of the Columbia Willamette