Weak Extension Cord Causes Trailer Fire

Investigators say a low grade extension cord likely caused a trailer fire Tuesday morning in Southeast Portland that left a resident with life-threatening injuries.

The trailer is located near Southeast 108th and Stark Street. The fire was reported at 1:14 a.m.

When firefighters arrived they found the trailer fully involved in fire.

An elderly resident escaped the fire, but suffered life-threatening burn and inhalation injuries. The person is being treated at the Legacy Emanuel Hospital Burn Center.

Fire investigators concluded that the most likely cause of this fire was improper use of a low grade extension cord.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content