This week the Salem Police Department coordinated an effort to address the recent wave of violent crimes in the area. A total of 41 law enforcement officials from the Salem Police Department, Marion County Sheriff’s Office, the Oregon State Police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation assisted in the effort. These officers worked in addition to normal patrol staffing.
The officers focused on follow-up investigative contacts, area saturation patrols, and foot patrols identified through community concerns. These efforts resulted in the arrest of eight adults and one juvenile, the seizure of three guns and multiple narcotics.
Below are the arrested adults and their charges:
- Alejandro Reyes Urbano age 19: Warrant
- Elizabeth Claire Groh age 20: Warrants
- Gerardo Daniel Obregon-Longares age 18: Robbery in the Second Degree, Warrant
- Jesse Jimenez age 23: Menacing Constituting Domestic Violence and Parole Violation
- Jesus Valentin Renteria-Arellano age 18: two counts of Unlawful Possession of a Firearm, Obliteration or Change of Identification Number on Firearms, Attempt to Elude Police, Interfering with a Peace Officer
- Omar Morales age 34: Parole Violation
- Randy Joe Lindsay age 33: Unlawful Delivery of Methamphetamine
- Sany Morales-Gabriel age 36: Warrants
Salem Police is asking for the community’s support in reporting crimes and information related to criminal activity.