Prison Sentence For Head-on Crash

Washington County Judge Ted Sims sentenced Randall Todd Brown to nearly nine years in prison. On April 5, 2019, Brown was convicted of nine counts stemming from a head-on crash which injured two women in September, and four additional charges that were filed after he was caught driving another stolen car in December. Deputy District Attorney Andrew Freeman prosecuted the case against Brown.

On September 1, 2018, Brown was driving a stolen Honda Civic on West Union Road between Cornelius Pass Road and 185th Avenue in Washington County when he went over the center line and caused a head-on crash with an oncoming truck occupied by two elderly sisters.

After Brown was airlifted from the scene, doctors at Oregon Health & Science University discovered that he was under the influence of methamphetamine. Meanwhile, investigating deputies and members of the Washington County Crash Analysis and Reconstruction Team (CART) discovered that the Honda contained two firearms (one stolen in a burglary and recently used in a Hillsboro shooting), credit cards stolen in a different burglary, and a bag with dozens of car keys and a methamphetamine pipe.

Brown was indicted and charged with nine counts for the crash and was on pre-trial release when deputies monitoring a known drug house caught him in another stolen car on December 21, 2018. Deputies observed that the ignition of the stolen Subaru was punched all the way through the steering column and Brown was operating the vehicle with a flathead screw driver. After arresting Brown deputies found a substantial quantity of methamphetamine in Brown’s pocket along with other drug paraphernalia. That case was added to the original charges and prosecuted over the course of one trial.

Brown, a convicted felon with a lengthy criminal history, was convicted of all thirteen counts, including Felon in Possession of Firearm, Unlawful Use of a Vehicle, Assault, DUII, and Delivery of Methamphetamine. In addition to his prison sentence, Brown was ordered to undergo three years of post-prison supervision following his release. He was also ordered to pay restitution to his victims. Brown has been transferred to the Oregon Department of Corrections to begin serving his sentence.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content