The Lebanon Fire District responded to a structure fire on the 2300 block of Porter street.
Firefighters found heavy smoke and fire showing from the rear and south side of a single-family residence.
The property owner and residents evacuated without injury, but a dog was killed.
The property owner was a collector of pianos and musical organs which caused the fire to burn hotter. Crews remained on scene for nearly three hours.
Lebanon responded with five engines, a heavy rescue and two command vehicles. An engine from Albany Fire Department also assisted at the fire and Sweet Home Fire Department provided city coverage during the fire.
No civilian or firefighter injuries were reported during the fire.
The cause of the fire is currently under investigation, but initial indications point toward the lent trap in a dryer. The Lebanon Fire District wants to remind our community of the importance of cleaning your dryer vents frequently.