Bridge inspection work requires full night closures next week of the lower deck of the Fremont Bridge.
The work is not related to the I-405 Ramp Project closures, which will bring closures in the weeks ahead to the ramps connected to I-405.
Here is the closure schedule for the inspections.
• Sunday, March 24, the ramp from southbound I-405 to northbound I-5, leading to the Marquam Bridge, will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Travelers should follow signed detour routes to I-5 north.
• Monday, March 25 through Thursday night, March 28, the lower deck of the Fremont Bridge (I-405 north) will be closed between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. The Glisan on-ramp to I-405 north and the ramp from S. 30 east to I-405 north will also be closed during those hours. Travelers on I-405 should follow the signed detour to U.S. 30 West over the St. John’s Bridge, to North Lombard Street and I-5 south.
The following ramps will have nighttime intermittent lane closures Friday, March 29 through Monday, April 1:
• The North Kerby Avenue on-ramp to I-405 south.
• I-5 north off-ramp to North Greeley (Exit 302C).
• I-5 north to I-405 south.
• I-5 south to I-405 south.
In addition, night lane closures will take place on I-405 north from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Friday, March 29 between Burnside and the connection with U.S. 30 west as part of the I-405 Ramps Project. The Couch Street on-ramp to I-405 north will also be closed during this time. The connection to U.S. 30 west will remain open.
Northwest Couch Street on-ramp to I-405 North
• Head north on NW 14th Avenue
• Turn left onto NW Glisan Street
• Turn right onto I-405 north