High Rise Fire Caused By Cooking

Photo: KATU

The Portland Fire Bureau responded to a fire in a 10th floor apartment at 333 SW Oak Street.

Fires crews arrived and found smoke on the 10th floor of the high-rise apartment building.

Fire crews quickly confirmed a fire in a single apartment on the 10th floor. 

A 2nd alarm was called while fire crews continued to contain the fire. Occupants from the upper floors were evacuated, those residing on the lower floors were instructed to "shelter in place."

Crews quickly extinguished the fire and evacuated smoke from the building. The cause of the fire was determined to be a cooking fire. There were no injuries.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content