Bar Security Guard Sentenced For Assault

A Multnomah County judge sentenced 36-year-old Timothy Beasley to a 15 year prison sentence for the June 26, 2017 stabbing of a woman in Portland’s Sunnyside neighborhood.

"This case involves extreme violence and the victim in the case is going to have to live with her injuries for the rest of her life, both the physical injuries and emotional injuries caused by Mr. Beasley,” Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Todd Jackson said after sentencing. “The sentencing recommendation for this case was achieved with the victim’s input and support."

Multnomah County Circuit Court Judge Karin J. Immergut sentenced Beasley to a total of 15 years in prison, pursuant to Ballot Measure 11. Beasley pleaded no contest to one count each of attempted murder and robbery in the first degree.

"I think the resolution is fair under the circumstances,” Judge Immergut said in court as she imposed the sentence. “This case did involve brutality that I don’t see in all my cases so that is very concerning and deserving of a significant sentence."

According to court documents, on June 26, 2017, officers assigned to the Portland Police Bureau responded to the 3300 block of Southeast Taylor Street and located a woman on the sidewalk in a pool of blood suffering from what appeared to be multiple stab wounds. While processing the crime scene, officers located a knife with blood and hair on it. They also found a broken wine bottle near the victim’s body and additional evidence at the crime scene that linked Beasley to this offense.

During the investigation, detectives assigned to the Portland Police Bureau’s Assault Unit learned that the victim was at the Belmont Inn. Around closing time, the victim was outside speaking with a person, later identified as the defendant, who she knew was employed as a security guard for the Belmont Inn. Law enforcement learned that Beasley was not working the night of the assault but was still at the establishment. Beasley and the victim began walking towards a nearby park when she reported the assailant started hitting her head into the sidewalk. Multiple people provided aid after the victim called out for help, including one man who said he was home and heard what sounded like an "animal fight" coming from the sidewalk.  He went out, yelled and saw a subject, later identified as Beasley, immediately run away.

Medical staff at Oregon Health & Sciences University (OHSU) told detectives that the victim had suffered at least 20 separate stab and cut injuries to her face, head, neck and upper body as a result of the assault. Law enforcement was able to immediately identify Beasley as the offender in this attack. A search warrant was obtained for Beasley’s residence. As detectives were executing the search warrant, they located blood droplets on the ground at Beasley's residence leading up to the front porch. Detectives later returned to the crime scene and observed a trail of blood drops at Southeast Salmon Street between Southeast 30th Avenue & Southeast 35th Avenue, which was the suspect's path of flight, based on a witness observation. They also the victim’s property that Beasley discarded after committing the robbery.

Beasley was ordered by Judge Immergut to pay a total of $8,512 in restitution. Upon his release from prison, he will be on three years of post-prison supervision.

Source: Multnomah County District Attorney

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content