Bethany House Damaged By Fire

posted by Brad Ford - 

Shortly before 8 a.m. Monday, 911 emergency dispatchers received multiple calls reporting a house that was on fire in the 16000 block of Northwest Bernietta Court in Bethany.

Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue firefighters from Station 64 and Station 68 were immediately dispatched to the incident. As soon as they left their stations, crews saw a large, black column of smoke coming from the vicinity of the fire and immediately upgraded the call to a first alarm to ensure adequate resources at the scene.

Upon arrival, the first-arriving unit reported that there was significant smoke and fire coming from the garage of the two-story home. Once crews confirmed that all occupants evacuated the house safely, firefighters initiated an aggressive fire attack.

Firefighters gained control of the fire within 35 minutes.

A resident of the home sustained minor injuries and was evaluated by paramedics on scene. The resident declined transportation to an area hospital for further treatment. 

Due to significant damage to the house, the resident was displaced and has chosen to stay with family members.

The fire was caused by improper disposal of oil soaked rags. Rags that are used for painting or staining should be placed in air tight metal containers to prevent them from catching fire.

TVF&R crews were assisted on scene by Hillsboro Fire & Rescue, Metro West Ambulance, and Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

Source: Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue

title

Content Goes Here