70 Year Old Portland Restaurant Catches Fire

posted by Anna Erickson - 

Photo courtesy of KATU

Renner's Grill in Multnomah Village on SW Capitol Highway caught fire Wednesday night.

Portland Fire & Rescue says the fire started in the kitchen and both extinguisher systems in the kitchen were activated, which helped put out a grease fire in the vent system, but the fire had spread through the roof.

Firefighters were able to put the fire out without it spreading to other buildings. Everyone inside the restaurant and nearby buildings were evacuated and made it out safely.

Portland Fire says the damage is extensive after they had to tear away parts of the roof and ceiling.

Renner's has been in business for over 70 years. The restaurant will reopen to the public after the damage has been repaired.

title

Content Goes Here