The Salem Police Department, in partnership with Crime Stoppers of Oregon, is asking for the public's help to identify the suspect involved in a series of armed robberies in the Salem area.
Since December 14, 2017, the Salem Police Department and Marion County Sheriff's Office have investigated eleven robberies that have occurred at various businesses throughout the area. Based on the description of the suspect and the manner in which the incidents have occurred, they are being investigated as being related.
The primary suspect has been described as a white male adult. He is tall, likely well over 6'00" and typically wears dark clothing with a bandana style mask over his face, a hat, dark clothing and wearing gloves. The incidents have all occurred later in the evening. He has also displayed a small handgun in several of the incidents.
On at least two occasions there has been a second suspect involved.
The businesses that have been robbed are:
- United Marked, 1790 Lancaster Dr NE - December 14
- Baskin Robbins, 474 Lancaster Dr NE - December 17
- Neighborhood Market, 2620 Lancaster Dr NE - December 22
- Quik Trip Market, 1765 Center St NE - December 30
- Center Market, 1790 Center St NE - January 5
- Center Market, 2797 12th St SE - January 10
- Subway Sandwich, 4511 Liberty Rd S - January 13
- Center Market, 1420 17th St NE - January 18
- Corner Market, 2809 Market St NE - January 18
- Subway Sandwich, 4612 Portland Rd NE - January 23
- Express Food Mart, 5395 Commercial St SE - January 26
Surveillance images are being released to aid in the identity of the suspect from one of the robberies.
Crime Stoppers of Oregon offers cash rewards for information, reported to Crime Stoppers, that leads to an arrest in any unsolved felony crime and tipsters can remain anonymous.
Information about any unsolved homicide is eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,500. Information about any other unsolved felony crime is eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000.
Information learned from social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube should be shared as these tips may lead to the identification of a suspect or suspects. Links can be shared anonymously through Crime Stoppers.
Submit an anonymous tip:
Visit the App Store and download P3 Tips to submit secure and anonymous tips.
Online at https://www.p3tips.com/823
Call 503-823-HELP (4357)