Smoke Detectors Alert Family To Fire

posted by Brad Ford -

At 1:52 a.m. Monday in a rural portion of Clackamas County, Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue was dispatched on a fire inside a single family home. 

The first engine arrived minutes later and declared this a working fire and called for additional resources to respond. 

A fast and aggressive attack by firefighters helped extinguish the main body of the fire; quickly containing it to one portion of the home. 

Smoke conditions in the home were significant and it took fire crews some additional time to ensure no extension into other portions of the large 6000 square foot home. 

Working smoke detectors helped alert the sleeping residents so they could safely escape with no injuries. 

This fire occurred just outside the Wilsonville area where no fire hydrants were immediately available so water was brought in to the scene with large water tenders. 

Two adults were displaced and have been moved to a local hotel. 

Investigators have determined the fire originated in a gas fireplace located in the master bedroom. This has been ruled an accidental fire due to an installation deficiency. 

The estimated damage to the home is approximately $50,000. 

Comments

title

Content Goes Here

This ad will close in X seconds.