On Thursday August 31, 2017, 32-year-old Deron A. Crain was arrested for a series of tavern robberies in Portland and Milwaukie.
Crain was booked into the Multnomah County Jail on charges of Robbery in the First Degree (13 counts) and Robbery in the Second Degree (14 counts). He was arraigned today.
Members of the Portland Police Bureau Special Emergency Reaction Team (SERT), Crisis Negotiation Team (CNT), and the East Metro Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team assisted the Portland Police Bureau Detective Division's Robbery Detail with arresting Crain in the 600 block of Northeast 178th Avenue on Thursday evening.
Once Crain was in custody, detectives and members of SERT, served search warrants at an apartment in the 1500 block of Northeast 66th Avenue and at a duplex in the 4800 block of North Commercial Avenue.
As part of this investigation, Robbery Detail detectives have also applied and obtained an arrest warrant for 33-year-old Johntae D. Hammond. Hammond was already lodged at the Clark County Jail on a parole violation for a previous Assault in the First Degree conviction. The warrant for Hammond's arrest is for 13 counts of Robbery in the First Degree and 14 counts of Robbery in the Second Degree. Hammond is awaiting extradition to Oregon.
- Crain and Hammond are suspected of committing armed robberies at the following locations:
- Lotsa Luck Bar & Grill (2136 Southeast Powell Boulevard) on June 3, 2017 at 1:32 a.m.
- Jolly Roger Bar (1340 Southeast 12th Avenue) on June 8, 2017 at 2:20 a.m.
- The Station (2703 Northeast Alberta Street) on June 10, 2017 at 3:01 a.m.
- Bluefin Bar and Grill (7317 Northeast Sandy Boulevard) on June 11, 2017 at 12:30 a.m.
- Lodge Bar (6605 Southeast Powell Boulevard) on June 11, 2017 at 2:10 a.m.
- Concordia Ale House (3276 Northeast Killingsworth Street) on June 29, 2017 at 2:12 a.m.
- Element Lounge (5827 East Burnside Street) on July 1, 2017 at 11:32 p.m.
- Mousetrap Tavern (2305 North Lombard Street) on July 2, 2017 at 4:31 a.m.
- Pappy's Bar and Grill (1144 Northeast 82nd Avenue) on July 2, 2017 at 7:05 a.m.
- Mad Hanna (6129 Northeast Fremont Street) on July 7, 2017 at 2:18 a.m.
- Greeley Avenue Bar and Grill (5421 North Greeley Avenue) on July 10, 2017 at 12:48 a.m.
- Sandy Hut (1430 Northeast Sandy Boulevard) on July 10, 2017 at 2:03 a.m.
- Hilt Bar (1934 Northeast Alberta Street) on July 10, 2017 at 2:11 a.m.
- Gilmore Meadows (5823 Southeast Johnson Creek Boulevard in Milwaukie) on July 12, 2017 at 1:37 a.m.
- Perch Tavern (7505 North Lombard Street) on August 18, 2017 at 2:08 a.m.
Anyone with information about the listed robberies or Crain and Hammond should contact Detective Tracy Chamberlin at 503-823-4783 or Tracy.Chamberlin@portlandoregon.gov