The FBI is offering a reward up to $10,000 for information leading to identification, arrest and conviction of a serial bank robber dubbed, the "Double Hat Bandit." In addition, Metro Denver Crime Stoppers is offering a separate reward up to $2,000.
The subject, who wears two hats during his crimes, is allegedly responsible for at least 13 bank robberies inside grocery stores in Utah, Washington, Oregon and Colorado and Idaho. On two occasions, he hit two banks on the same day. The man usually shows the teller a note and during four of the robberies, he displayed a small handgun in his waistband. He should be considered armed and dangerous.
On June 27, 2017, after a bank robbery in Spokane, WA, the subject was seen in a grayish/blue Malibu style vehicle with New Mexico license plates.
The "Double Hat Bandit" is believed to be responsible for the following robberies:
- December 19, 2016 - U.S. Bank, 4065 S. Redwood Rd. West Valley City, UT
- December 27, 2016 -- U.S. Bank, 7061 S. Redwood Rd. West Jordan, UT
- December 27, 2016 -- U.S. Bank 4080 W. 9000 S. West Jordan, UT
- January 3, 2017 -- Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, 933 E. Mission Ave, Spokane, WA
- January 3, 2017 Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, 2507 W. Wellesley Ave, Spokane, WA
- January 19, 2017 -- U.S. Bank, 4320 King Rd. Milwaukie, OR
- January 23, 2017 -- Wells Fargo, 4515 SE Woodstock Blvd. Portland, OR
- January 24, 2017 -- U.S. Bank, 1675 W. 18th Ave, Eugene, OR
- June 21, 2017 -- U.S. Bank, 922 E. 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT
- June 23, 2017 -- Wells Fargo, 4515 SE Woodstock Blvd., Portland, OR
- June 27, 2017 -- Alaska USA Federal Credit Union, 2507 W. Wellesley Ave, Spokane, WA
- July 10, 2017 -- First Bank, 2660 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO
- July 22, 2017 -- U.S. Bank, 7100 W. State St, Boise, ID
Numerous law enforcement agencies in Utah, Washington, Oregon and Colorado and Idaho are involved in this investigation.
If anyone has information regarding the "Double Hat Bandit," please call the FBI tipline: (801) 579-6480.