When a fire started in a Southwest Portland home Tuesday afternoon a family’s fire evacuation plan paid off.
The father began yelling for everyone to get to safety, however the family's middle son was upstairs and the fire was in a room at the foot of those stairs. Fortunately, the family had a plan and the son used a collapsible ladder to escape from an upstairs bedroom.
The father extinguished the fire prior to the arrival of firefighters so crews worked to remove smoke from the structure. The exact cause of this fire hasn't been determined, but it involved a hoverboard.
No one was injured in this fire.