Residents Injured In Beaverton Condo Fire

posted by Brad Ford -

Just after 10a.m. Wednesday morning, TVF&R firefighters responded to reports of a condominium fire in the 9500 block of SW 146th Terrace in Beaverton. 

First-arriving crews from Station 67 quickly knocked down the fire and contained it to one condominium. A unit above sustained minor smoke damage. 

The owner of the condominium awoke to fire alarms sounding and discovered fire burning in the living room. While evacuating her elder mother, she sustained burns to her feet. Both women were transported by Metro West Ambulance to Emanuel Hospital. 

During firefighting and search efforts, firefighters retrieved a dog. Despite resuscitation attempts, the dog did not survive. 

The American Red Cross is assisting the fire victims with shelter and necessities.

They did not have homeowner's insurance and their condominium was not equipped with a fire sprinkler system. 

A fire investigator has determined that the fire was accidental in nature and likely resulted from a wood-burning fireplace. TVF&R has tips about fireplace safety and home heating equipment.